The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 30ml
Formulated to provide mild exfoliation, the Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2% Superficial Peeling Formulation from The Ordinary promotes a smoother, more evenly-toned complexion. The serum is fortified lactic acid, an exfoliating alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), to help improve the appearance of pigmentation, uneven skin tone and texture.
Lactic Acid 5% + HA is a mild alpha hydroxy acid solution that offers gentle yet effective exfoliation targeted at the skin’s surface. It is supported with purified Tasmanian pepperberry extract , which has been shown to reduce irritation and sensitivity that can be associated with acid use.
This water-based serum is ideal for dry and sensitive skin. This pH of this formula is approximately 3.8. Lactic Acid has a pKa of 3.8 and pKa is the most important aspect to consider in formulating with acids. pKa implies acid availability. When pKa is close to pH, there is an ideal balance between salt and acidity, maximizing effectiveness of the acid and reducing irritation
The addition of a Tasmanian pepperberry derivative helps to minimise the risk of inflammation and sensitivity, often associated with acid use. Topped with hyaluronic acid, the serum supports the skin's ability to attract and retain moisture.
Contraindications: Lactic Acid should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. Please refer to additional sun protection note and other warnings in provided Directions.
- Apply once daily, ideally in the evening.
- The formula can be diluted with other products to reduce strength until skin develops tolerance.
- Do not use on sensitive, peeling, or compromised skin.
- Avoid the eye contour and contact with eyes.
- Contact of the product with the skin must be of limited frequency or duration.
- If irritation occurs, rinse off, cease use, and consult a physician.
- Use only as directed on unbroken skin.
- Patch testing prior to use is advised.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn.
- Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.